About the Kansas Public Health Collaborative
The Kansas Public Health Collaborative was created to expand collaboration, communication and capacity development for state and local health departments and their workforce. The KPHC has three primary goals:
- Connecting the Kansas state and local public health departments and workforce.
- Promoting the activities and accomplishments of state and local public health leaders and organizations.
- Supporting capacity development for public health departments in Kansas.
- Public Health in Action – Relevant articles, links and videos that highlight public health leaders, activities and accomplishments. Examples include blogs, articles and videos to highlight important work.
- Ask an Expert – Access to public health practice subject matter experts.
- Upcoming Events– Information about live and virtual training, conferences, meetings and other offerings.
- Toolbox – Tools, templates, examples and access to subject matter experts on a variety of topics areas.
- Other Features – “What is public health in Kansas?” info and interactive data map, calendar of events, accreditation information and resources, etc.
KPHC Partners are committed to supporting public health practice in Kansas. KPHC members convene regularly to discuss current strengths and challenges related to public health in Kansas, to assess KPHC’s current activities and to identify new ways to accomplish its goals.
The KPHC includes individuals from these organizations:
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Division of Public Health
The mission of the Division of Public Health is to promote and protect health and prevent disease and injury among the people of Kansas. The Division of Public Health is organized into distinct Bureaus that provide resources and support to Kansas communities. Those Bureaus are: Community Health Systems, Disease Control and Prevention, Epidemiology & Public Health Informatics, Family Health, Health Promotion and Oral Health.
Kansas Association of Local Health Departments
KALHD is a nonprofit association dedicated to strengthening local health departments for the purpose of improving and protecting the health of all Kansans. KALHD’s membership consists of 94 of the 100 local health departments in Kansas.
Kansas Health Institute
The Kansas Health Institute (KHI) supports effective policymaking through nonpartisan research, education and engagement. KHI believes evidence-based information, objective analysis and civil dialogue enable policy leaders to be champions for a healthier Kansas. KHI provides training and technical assistance to community health improvement efforts in Kansas.
Wichita State University
Center for Public Health Initiatives
The Center for Public Health Initiatives believes that strategic partnerships that build capacity are needed for Kansas to maintain a high performing public health system. The center provides technical assistance, training and evaluation support for local health departments and other organizations that provide public health services. CPHI provides subject matter expertise and backbone support to the Kansas Public Health Collaborative.